Even Cory Heidelberger likes abuse of money when it is used to further his cultural Neo-Marxist agenda:
Veto-promising Governor Dennis Daugaard has cited the negative economic impact writing anti-trans potty panic into law will have on our fair state. Mark Lee, Sioux Falls Chamber lobbyist, told Greg Belfrage the same thing Friday:
Remember what happened to North Carolina when it passed it’s transgender potty law?
ACC tournament pulled out. NCAA events pulled out. NBA All Star Game pulled out. PayPay decided not to expand. One study puts the economic impact on North Carolina at $680 million–and counting.
Mark Lee, the lobbyist for the Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce, said South Dakota and Sioux Falls in particularly could be looking at the loss of NCAA events and major corporations deciding not to expand here or even pulling out of the state if the measure is passed.
Lee says the measure is a solution looking for a problem in the state [Todd Epp, “Transgender Locker Room Law Could Cost S.D., Sioux Falls Millions ,” KELO Radio, 2017.01.27].
This morning the legislation got pulled before it was even discussed:
A bill that would have restricted which locker rooms South Dakota transgender students could use was scuttled Tuesday, for now averting another bitter fight in the Capitol over the regulation of school facilities.
Senate Education Committee Chairman Jim Bolin said right before the bill's first hearing that its author wanted it withdrawn. The sponsor, Sen. Lance Russell, didn't immediately respond to telephone calls for comment about the measure, which required public school students to use the locker rooms, shower rooms and changing facilities matching their gender at birth.
Under the bill, schools would have been allowed to provide alternative accommodations, such as single-occupancy restrooms.The proposal was similar to one Gov. Dennis Daugaard vetoed last year, and the Republican had said he would veto this bill too if it reached his desk.
Dale Bartscher, who lobbies for a conservative group that supported the bill, said the governor's opposition was a "strong factor" in its withdrawal. Conversations are ongoing about whether another bill will be introduced this year or next year, said Bartscher, of Family Heritage Alliance Action.
Russell did not even show up to the committee in order to pull his bill. Like to know what happened behind the scenes on this one.
Money seems to be more important to South Dakota liberals than protecting children from moral and psychological harm:
The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.
1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of male and female, respectively – not genetic markers of a disorder. The norm for human design is to be conceived either male or female. Human sexuality is binary by design with the obvious purpose being the reproduction and flourishing of our species. This principle is self-evident. The exceedingly rare disorders of sex development (DSDs), including but not limited to testicular feminization and congenital adrenal hyperplasia, are all medically identifiable deviations from the sexual binary norm, and are rightly recognized as disorders of human design. Individuals with DSDs do not constitute a third sex.1
2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one. No one is born with an awareness of themselves as male or female; this awareness develops over time and, like all developmental processes, may be derailed by a child’s subjective perceptions, relationships, and adverse experiences from infancy forward. People who identify as “feeling like the opposite sex” or “somewhere in between” do not comprise a third sex. They remain biological men or biological women.2,3,4
3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such. These children suffer from gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria (GD), formerly listed as Gender Identity Disorder (GID), is a recognized mental disorder in the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association (DSM-V).5 The psychodynamic and social learning theories of GD/GID have never been disproved.2,4,5
4. Puberty is not a disease and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous. Reversible or not, puberty- blocking hormones induce a state of disease – the absence of puberty – and inhibit growth and fertility in a previously biologically healthy child.6
5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.5
6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.7,8,9,10
7. Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries.11 What compassionate and reasonable person would condemn young children to this fate knowing that after puberty as many as 88% of girls and 98% of boys will eventually accept reality and achieve a state of mental and physical health?
8. Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse. Endorsing gender discordance as normal via public education and legal policies will confuse children and parents, leading more children to present to “gender clinics” where they will be given puberty-blocking drugs. This, in turn, virtually ensures that they will “choose” a lifetime of carcinogenic and otherwise toxic cross-sex hormones, and likely consider unnecessary surgical mutilation of their healthy body parts as young adults.
Michelle A. Cretella, M.D.
President of the American College of Pediatricians
Quentin Van Meter, M.D.
Vice President of the American College of Pediatricians
Paul McHugh, M.D.
University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital
And here we learn about the roots of the transgender agenda:
Recently, an Alaskan transgendered high school athlete won honors in a female race at Alaska’s state track meet. The female competitors, no doubt, were upset, one even saying that she doesn’t think it is fair. A normal and reasonable response. It won’t be the last, since, according to transathlete.com, thirty states allow for transgendered athletes to compete in competitions under the gender they identify with.
About two to three decades ago, it became the norm to discard sexual difference in language, e.g., no longer was there a spokesman or spokeswoman, but spokesperson was the term used; no longer are people called actors or actresses, but both men and women are called actors.
We well remember how the transformation of Caitlyn Jenner was one of the most reported-upon stories by a media that is fixated upon driving a leftist agenda. Even before Caitlyn Jenner there was Laverne Cox. And since 2014, Amazon’s "Transparent" has been a hit. As well, there is Jazz Jennings. Furthermore, beginning in the 2017-2018 academic year, kindergarten children in Washington State will be taught gender identity, with 3rd graders even being taught that they can choose their own gender. Then there is the New York City Human Rights Law which enforces the proper use of pronouns to address an individual.
Some of the roots of the current transgender rights movement can be traced back to the Sexual Revolution of the 1960s when all societal norms were breached. The truth at the bottom of this sad episode was not liberation to love, but the ego wanting whatever it wanted -- full liberation from any meaningful relationships, which will require responsibility and restraints.
But the roots go even further back, and are found in post-modernism and existentialism. Politics, as is often said, is downstream from culture. But the culture is downstream from the academy, which is where bad ideas take hold and are passed down to students, and through entertainment, which influences society. To quote Scottish politician Andrew Fletcher, “Let me make the songs of a nation, I do not care who makes its laws.”
But two of the main influencers of the current Left are Herbert Marcuse and Michel Foucault. A leading member of the Frankfurt School, Marcuse’s book Eros and Civilization (1965) became the bible of the New Left. As a cultural Marxist, he saw the biggest challenge was replacing the Reality Principle with the Pleasure Principle. This was the driving force that propelled the Sexual Revolution. Happiness was the highest ideal and anything goes.
Marcuse and the Frankfurt School also urged what is now called political correctness. For them, in order to change society and culture, the transgressive must become the norm and what is accepted and tolerated -- free speech, traditional customs, etc. -- must become unacceptable and intolerable, and that they and their disciples would be the enforcers of what is tolerable and accepted.
That (pleasures over principles) explains the Wollmann sex scandal that was ignored by members of both political parties. Now with the transgender issue, we have Governor Daugaard siding with the cultural Marxists, and Cory Heidelberger promoting financial corruption as a tool to further that agenda, as he quotes a lobbyist for the Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce. It also took liberal Republicans and liberal Democrats to pass a sales tax, even though it was voted down in 2012, in order to add more funding for the cultural Neo-Marxist indoctrination centers that we call public schools. And they added an emergency clause so that it could not be referred to a vote. In promoting IM22 Heidelberger and his fellow Democrats deemed those actions corrupt. RINOs and Democrats are two peas in a liberal deceptive corrupt pod here in South Dakota. Money and fun is driving the agenda in Pierre.